Gender Roles

Gender Roles

Thursday, November 19, 2015

your such a girl Scout

This makes women seem less because when Jem says "Your such a girl Scout," it's like saying that girls are not as good as men. Women are too whiny, women are too scared to do the things that men do, but we girls are just as good as men.
My favorite color is blue but my dad says that blue is a boy color and that i'm a girl so I should like pink not blue. This isn't true like I can be a girl and like blue that won't change my gender just because boys like blue and I like blue doesnt mean I'm a boy. If a boy likes the color pink does that make him a girl? No it doesn't him liking the color pink won't change his gender.
"Those are girl pushups." "You hit like a girl." "You throw like a girl." "You run like a girl." I'm pretty sure we have all heard this before but why do they have to put the word girl in it as implying that we girls can't do it as well as boys. We girls can do anything as good as boys can. There are girls who can do really good things that are considered a boy thing and there are boys who can't do those things, but that doesn't mean us girls are less because we are not we are just as good as men no matter what anyone says ! 

5 comments:

  1. I like your argument, which I strongly agree with. I also liked the way you used examples of your experiences with this, because it adds to great your argument.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your point is really clear. And it begs the question what is acting "like a girl". In my opinion it is a compliment. If someone tells me I am doing something like a girl I am clearly doing something awesome. I think that if we stop holding onto the stereotypes of girls not being strong, or whatever else than the negative connotation with that phrase is now a positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah there are these stupid ideals that feminine= weak and polite and quiet
    and that masculine = strong and loud and opinionated
    both of those stereotypes are toxic, because they teach girls that they are less than, and they teach boys that they aren't allowed to cry or be vulnerable, which is not healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im glad u really but alight on how men really look at women it really inspires me that u but emphasis on that GO AHEAD NANCY!!!!!!!!!! GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha bruh this is really good women are like men and there's nothing wrong with that

    ReplyDelete