Gender Roles

Gender Roles

Friday, November 20, 2015

Keeping Quiet

"Francis called Atticus somethin, an' I wasn't about to take it off him."
"What did Francis call him?"
"A n*****-lover. I ain't very sure what it means, but the way Francis said it-Tell you one thing right now, uncle Jack i'll be I swear before god if i'll sit there and let him say somethin about Atticus."

Francis had said n*****-lover on page 84 and scout wasn't going to take any of it so she split her knuckle to the bone on his front teeth. I think Scout was right to defend her father, i would have thought of the same thing, but she shouldn't have punched him because is she was to please her father she would have handled it more mature. I think she should have left it alone and thought to herself.

one time my brother had a girlfriend and I had found out. He told me to keep it a secret but I didn't, I had told my parents and now that i think of it i should have kept quiet. 


1 comment:

  1. Great choice of textual evidence to support/ back up your argument and I really liked how you compared her mistakes to your mistakes and how both of you are connected in that sort of way.

    ReplyDelete